Long days and warm nights make summer the perfect time to eat outdoors in Melbourne with some of the city’s most delicious food served alfresco during the warmer months. Here is a selection of Melbourne’s hottest outdoor dining destinations.
- Cellar Bar is the bistro-style sister venue to Grossi Florentino. Visitors can dine on rustic Italian classics and people watch along Melbourne’s buzzing Bourke Street, while nestled on the classic street-side French cane table settings.
- Bomba (formerly the Aylesbury) is a Spanish workers bar located in the heart of the city. An inconspicuous lift takes diners to the rooftop terrace where they can enjoy Spanish snacks and cocktails while taking in the city skyline.
- Naked in the Sky is an extension of Brunswick Street’s popular Basque-inspired bar and restaurant Naked for Satan. Floating over Fitzroy, the rooftop terrace incorporates a bar, lounge and restaurant complete with city views and a funky vibe.
- Union Dining located in Richmond serves provincial fare in a casual, familiar setting. Its rooftop terrace is a quiet haven amongst the hustle and bustle of Swan Street with an acclaimed food and beverage menu served in a low-key setting.
- Fatto Bar & Cantina is Southbank’s newest haunt. Located where Arts Centre Melbourne dining hotspot Trocadero once stood, the venue serves a convivial, Italian influenced menu with iconic Yarra River and city views.
- Siglo overlooks Victoria’s Parliament House and surrounding gardens. The old-worldly terrace bar serves a light snack menu to accompany a polished beverage list.
- The Standard Hotel in the eclectic suburb of Fitrzroy houses a large beer garden where diners can enjoy classic pub grub under a verdant green canopy.
- The Newmarket Hotel in the beach-side precinct of St Kilda features a modern, industrial style courtyard where diners can enjoy some fresh air while snacking on the seasonal Southern Californian menu.
You can republish the text of this article online or in print for free with attribution. You just have to credit us by linking to us at http://www.visitvictoria.com if in Australia or http://www.visitmelbourne.com if elsewhere. Full licence details.